What is Laser Steel
Coen’s Laser Steel is an advanced steel directed to automated production, offering superior properties for Laser cutting, stamping and cold forming.
Ask yourself this:
- Have you steel warping on your Laser bed while cutting causing stoppages during day and night shifts?
- Have you cut parts twisted after laser cutting?
- Have you poor surface steel being supplied by some suppliers causing cutting issues?
- Have you parts cracking when cold forming?
- Its time you tried Laser Steel to see what all the fuss is about.
Features & Benefits
Guaranteed flatness of ≤ 3mm/m, even after cutting
Coens Laser® steel comes with guaranteed maximum flatness deviation of 3.0 mm/m, both before and after laser cutting. Our comprehensive process control during its production results in total flat and uniform steel sheets and plates.
- Making your automated production trouble-free
- Tight nesting for better material utilization
- Reduced need for re-levelling
- Increased dimensional precision of laser-cut components
- Increased yields (i.e., greatly reduced scrap)
- Faster cutting speeds
Superior cold-forming properties
Coens Laser® steel offers extremely tight bending radiuses in both directions. Consistent mechanical properties and narrow tolerances for all Coens Laser® steels guarantee predictable performance with high repeatability for your cold-forming operations.
- More efficient nesting independent of rolling direction
- Greater freedom in component geometry
- Crack-free bending and trouble-free automated forming
- Increased yield-to-scrap ratios
- Achieve complex shapes without welding
Optimized surface and high-quality cut edges
Coens Laser® steel has an optimized surface quality for laser cutting. This allows to maintain the cutting parameters from batch to batch without compromising cut edge quality or precision – even with plates that are 30 mm thick.
- Trouble-free laser cutting
- Minimized disturbances during production
- Shorter production times
- Less rework
- Higher quality laser-cut components