What Are Cookies
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookiesThis site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookiesThis site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookiesWhen you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookiesIn order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences. You may update your cookie preferences at any time by visiting our Privacy centre here.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We use adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioural advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Essential cookeis are required to make this website work, they can include rembering login details, remembering what is currently in a shopping cart and are essential to the correct functioning of the website.
Also called a transient cookie, a cookie that is erased when the user closes the Web browser. The session cookie is stored in temporary memory and is not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the users computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
Also called a permanent cookie, or a stored cookie, a cookie that is stored on a user’s hard driveuntil it expires (persistent cookies are set with expiration dates) or until the user deletes the cookie. Persistent cookies are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as Web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific Web site.
Advertising cookies, also known as “targetign Cookies” record information about your visit to our site and the use of our website also for advertising purposes. Information on third party targeting or advertising cookies that we may use on our website can be seen under the section “Third Party Cookies”.
Processing information obtained from Cookies on this site
Legal basis for processing: we process information about you contained in or obtained from functional cookies as part of our our legitimate interests (Article 6(1)(f) of the General Data Protection Regulation). We only process such personal information once you have fully consented to us placing the cookies we use on this site on your computer or mobile device. Legitimate interests: Enhancing your website expeience and providing full functionality throughout the site for the duration of your visit. Analytical (or performance) cookies These cookies are not essential for our website or its functionality to work. Analytical cookies track and gather data about what pages a visitor visits on our website and duration of stay on our website and individual pages. We use the following analytical cookies on our website: • Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how you engage and interact with our website, including how you came to our website, which pages you visited, for how long and what you clicked on and your location (based on your IP address). The Google Analytics cookies used on our website are: _ga, _gat and _gid. These cookies are session and persistent cookies. These cookies expire after 24 hours in the case of _gid and 2 years in the case of _ga. _gat is a session cookie.
Cookies setting on this site
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Browser Cookie Settings
You may also disabel and control Cookies using your browser settings. Please refer to the links below on instructions for your preffered browser.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-browsing-search-download-history-firefox?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Clear+Recent+History
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/278835/how-to-delete-cookie-files-in-internet-explorer
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042?locale=en_US
Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on You can also choose to opt out of Google Analytics tracking by using a browser add-on which is available here: